This whisky cocktail is like an orchard of apples and oranges on a crispy, sunny afternoon, made with rye, hard apple cider, Grand Marnier and cinnamon.
I know it’s only August, but I’m already excited about the Fall! It’s my favorite time of year to eat and drink. I love the flavors! They make me feel so cozy and remind me of apple picking with friends, walking through NY parks with a hot apple cider, and baking pies for parties.
I like placing garnishes on a big ice cube in tumbler glasses like this. It looks so elegant. For this cocktail, I sliced a green apple as thinly as I could, then quickly gave the pieces a spritz of lemon so they wouldn’t brown.
I then fanned and set them very carefully on the cube. I also took a trip down the street to pull those awesome little baby pinecones off a tree!
Help Yourself to A Few More Autumn Cocktails!
- The “Autumn Twilight” Grape & Rosemary Cocktail
- Autumn-Spiced Hibiscus Whisky Cocktail
- The White Pumpkin Cocktail
- The Blackberry Raven Cocktail
The “Autumn Afternoon” Cocktail
- 1 ounce rye whisky
- 2 ounces hard apple cider
- ½ ounce Grand Marnier
- green apple slices - for garnish
- 1 or 2 cinnamon sticks - optional
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add a cinnamon stick.
- Pour rye and Grand Marnier into the shaker and shake vigorously.
- Remove lid and add hard apple cider. Stir.
- Pour and serve. You can remove or use the cinnamon sticks for garnish.