This delicious prosciutto wrapped asparagus with goat cheese is such an elegant party appetizer for any occasion. Try your best not to eat them all before your guests arrive!
Delicious Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus with Goat Cheese
Like most of my favorite party appetizers and side dishes, prosciutto-wrapped asparagus can be made a day ahead, so you have more time to concentrate on tidying and prepping before your guests arrive.
It’s a simple 3 step process. Cook asparagus, cool asparagus and wrap asparagus.
A Few Tips for Perfectly Rolled Asparagus
When cooking the asparagus, make sure to sprinkle your garlic powder just as your asparagus is nicely browned and toss in the pan for only about 30 seconds, then remove from heat.
If you add the garlic powder too soon, it will just over-cook and burn in the pan.
The rolling process is a little time consuming, but so worth it! Simply cut your prosciutto into 4ths with kitchen scissors, add a nice dollop of goat cheese and roll.
I love serving prosciutto-wrapped asparagus on a marble slate with deviled eggs. They just look so, so pretty together.
Some More Tasty Appetizer Inspiration
Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus with Goat Cheese
- Sharp knife and cutting board
- Sauté pan
- Kitchen scissors
- 1 bunch of asparagus - about 15-20 stalks
- 1 package of prosciutto - about 12 slices
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2-3 tbsp. goat cheese
- salt & pepper - to taste
- Chop asparagus into bite size pieces for appetizers, or leave them whole for a side dish.
- Add 1 tbsp. of butter to pan and sauté asparagus till slightly brown, about 5-8 minutes. Then, season with garlic powder, salt and pepper till nicely brown on a few sides, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and store in the fridge till cool, about 2-3 hours.
- Once asparagus is cool, use kitchen scissors to cut the prosciutto into smaller, pieces. For small pieces, cut a pieces into 4ths. Spoon a little goat cheese onto your prosciutto and wrap each piece.