This Godiva Chocolate Candy Cane cocktail is the very best cocktail for decorating the Christmas tree! It’s minty, chocolatey and so festive with a crushed candy cane rim!
Made with Godiva chocolate liqueur, vanilla vodka and peppermint schnapps, you might want to pre-mix a whole batch because one of these holly-jolly cocktails is never enough!
This is the cocktail I honestly make every year when decorating my Christmas tree. It’s one of my favorite traditions. I’ll grab a few candy canes, my rolling pin and cocktail shaker, and give my self (and anyone joining in the fun) a tasty, frosty treat while we cover the tree with flowers and citrus ornaments.
I’ll make sure to add water to glasses the night before to make the ice on the bottom! It keeps the cocktail nice and cold, and melts slower than ice cubes. If you don’t like your creamy drinks watered down, it’s a nice little trick 😉
How to Make the Candy Cane Garnish – Step by Step
1. Add a candy cane to a ziplock bag (add a few if you’re making more than 1 cocktail). Use a rolling pin to crush the daylights out of the candy cane. You want it to be almost powdered. Remove from the bag and set aside.
2. To rim the glass, squeeze half a lemon into a small bowl or on a plate and dip the rim of your glass to coat.
3. Then, on another dry plate, sprinkle your crushed candy cane and dip your glass until coated in the candy.
4. Check to see your rims are perfectly coated.
A Few Tips
1. Pre-freeze your glasses with ice
I personally don’t like when ice waters down creamy cocktails, but I want this cocktail to be nice and frosty. So, I find freezing water in the glasses helps it to melt slower, and still keeps my cocktail nice and cold. If you want to do the same thing, simply pour water into your glasses and leave them to freeze for 3-4 hours.
2. To make this cocktail, you will need:
- Rolling pin and hard surface
- Ziplock bag
- 2 plates (or 1 plate and small bowl)
- Cocktail shaker & jigger
I hope you enjoy this festive, chocolatey cocktail!
For more inspiration, subscribe to my newsletter follow me on Instagram, on Pinterest, tiktok and Facebook! And if you ever make any of my tasty drinks or treats, take a picture and tag me. I want to see!
A Little More Christmas Cocktail Inspiration
The Godiva Chocolate Candy Cane Cocktail
- rolling pin and hard surface
- Ziplock bag
- 2 plates
- cocktail shaker & jigger
For the Garnish
- 1 candy cane
- juice from ½ a lemon
For the Cocktail
- 2 oz.
Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- ½ oz.
To Make the Candy Cane Garnish
- Add a candy cane to a ziplock bag (add a few if you’re making more than 1 cocktail). Use a rolling pin to crush the daylights out of the candy cane. You want it to be almost powdered. If you don’t have a rolling pin, you can put them in a food processor or place a heavy book on top and give it a good pounding.
- To rim the glass, pour a few drops of peppermint schnapps on a plate and dip the rim of your glass to coat. Then, on another dry plate, sprinkle your crushed candy cane and dip your glass until coated in the candy.
To Make the Cocktail
- In a cocktail shaker, pour 1 oz. vanilla vodka, 2 oz. Godiva chocolate liqueur and ½ oz. of peppermint schnapps. Add ice and shake vigorously. Pour into garnished glass.