This RumChata cocktail is creamy and minty with an island twist! Shaken, not stirred – it’s both frosty and heart warming. Playful and elegant. The tastiest Christmas cocktail from Hawaii to the North Pole.
With a rim, delicately frosted with powdered sugar, it makes a perfectly whimsical, winter dessert cocktail.
Here’s a Tip
To rim your glass with powdered sugar:
Add a few drops of RumChata to a plate and dip the rim into it, spinning it to be sure the whole rim is coated. On another plate, sprinkle about a teaspoon of powdered sugar and gently dip your coated glass into the sugar.
RumChata is one of my very favorite cream liqueurs, especially for Christmas. I love to heat a little on the stove and drink it straight with a sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin spice by the tree!
It’s flavors are a perfect mix of vanilla, cinnamon, rum and dairy cream, and mixing in a little coconut and a little frosty mint transforms the flavor into such an exciting, tropical, Christmasy treat!
• Cocktail shaker & jigger
• 2 small plates
Help Yourself to More Christmas Cocktail Inspiration!
- A Sparkling Spiced Hibiscus Christmas Cocktail
- Mulled Wine Christmas Sangria
- A Frosted Blackberry Christmas Cocktail
- 10 Beautiful Holiday Cocktails
A RumChata Coconut Snowflake Cocktail
- cocktail shaker & jigger
- 2 small plates
- 1 tsp. powdered sugar – for the rim
To Rim the Glass with Powdered Sugar
- Pour a few drops of RumChata onto a plate and spin the rim in the small puddle to coat. Then, sprinkle another plate with powdered sugar and press the RumChata-coated rim gently into the sugar.
To Make the Cocktail
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker, and pour 2oz. RumChata, 1 oz. peppermint schnapps and ½ coconut rum.