If you’re looking for a Valentine’s Day cocktail to really put you in the mood, this Damiana tea and sake cocktail is a divine Valentine aphrodisiac.
Ladies, this pretty little cocktail’s just for you! Pick out your favorite négligée and drop the needle on your favorite Peggy Lee record. It’s going to be a steamy little night.
I have a little secret for you. Would you like to have a really, really nice little Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart? You have GOT to try this!
I found this very exciting little tea on Amazon, It’s called “Moon time Tea” which is specially formulated to stimulate a lady’s “drive,” so to speak.
It contains “honey bush” (um, yum?) rose petals, vanilla, a hint of cinnamon and Damiana. Damiana is known as a potent aphrodisiac, and I can personally attest to its effectiveness.
Goodness. Clutch the pearls, it’s delightfully dangerous!
Honestly, apart from putting a little sparkle in your muffin (yes, that is what I said), it has some other lovely effects. According to happyherbcompany.com:
“Damiana affects the psyche, producing a mild emotional uplift that can last for up to one and a half hours. Some Damiana before bed relaxes one for love-making and promotes pleasant dreams (quite possibly erotic within the first seven days)! Three-dimensional effects and colour appreciation may also be heightened.”
So if the tea weren’t good enough, I thought maybe I’d give it the cocktail treatment. I steeped a bag of tea in sake over night, added a little raspberry and pomegranate juice, and gave it a spritz of rose water.
I’ve become completely hooked. Help yourself to my little Damiana Valentine cocktail.
For More Valentine’s Day Inspiration:
- Romantic Valentine’s Day Cocktails for 2
- Romantic Valentine’s Day Deviled Eggs
- Beet Napoleon Appetizers
- 20 Elegant Valentine’s Day Recipes
The Damiana Valentine Cocktail
- 3 ounces dry sake
- 1 bag damiana tea – I used "Moontime Tea"
- raspberries – a small handful for muddling and 2 for garnish
- 1 spritz rosewater
- Place teabag in sake and allow it to cold steep for 8 hours. Gently squeeze tea bag when removing. Muddle with fresh raspberries, shake with ice and pour over a cocktail strainer into a chilled coup or martini glass. Garnish with raspberries and spritz with rose water.