If you’re looking for a Valentine’s Day cocktail to really put you in the mood, this Damiana tea and sake cocktail is a divine Valentine aphrodisiac.
Ladies, this pretty little cocktail’s just for you! Pick out your favorite négligée and drop the needle on your favorite Peggy Lee record. It’s going to be a steamy little night.
I have a little secret for you. Would you like to have a really, really nice little Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart? You have GOT to try this!
I found this very exciting little tea on Amazon, It’s called “Moon time Tea” which is specially formulated to stimulate a lady’s “drive,” so to speak.
It contains “honey bush” (um, yum?) rose petals, vanilla, a hint of cinnamon and Damiana. Damiana is known as a potent aphrodisiac, and I can personally attest to its effectiveness.
Goodness. Clutch the pearls, it’s delightfully dangerous!
Honestly, apart from putting a little sparkle in your muffin (yes, that is what I said), it has some other lovely effects. According to happyherbcompany.com:
“Damiana affects the psyche, producing a mild emotional uplift that can last for up to one and a half hours. Some Damiana before bed relaxes one for love-making and promotes pleasant dreams (quite possibly erotic within the first seven days)! Three-dimensional effects and colour appreciation may also be heightened.”
So if the tea weren’t good enough, I thought maybe I’d give it the cocktail treatment. I steeped a bag of tea in sake over night, added a little raspberry and pomegranate juice, and gave it a spritz of rose water.
I’ve become completely hooked. Help yourself to my little Damiana Valentine cocktail.
For More Valentine’s Day Inspiration:
- Romantic Valentine’s Day Cocktails for 2
- Romantic Valentine’s Day Deviled Eggs
- Beet Napoleon Appetizers
- 20 Elegant Valentine’s Day Recipes
For more inspiration, subscribe to my newsletter, and follow me on Instagram, on Pinterest, tiktok, and Facebook! And if you ever make any of my tasty drinks or treats, take a picture and tag me. I want to see!
The Damiana Valentine Cocktail
- 3 ounces dry sake
- 1 bag damiana tea – I used "Moontime Tea"
- raspberries – a small handful for muddling and 2 for garnish
- ½ ounce pomegranite juice – optional to make it sweeter
- 1 spritz rosewater
- Place teabag in sake and allow it to cold steep for 8 hours. Gently squeeze tea bag when removing. Muddle with fresh raspberries, shake with ice and pour over a cocktail strainer into a chilled coup or martini glass. Garnish with raspberries and spritz with rose water.