This pretty little lemon drop cocktail is the most refreshing, citrusy cocktail for hot summer afternoons! Best served in a frosted glass, it’s delicately sweet, a little tart and tastes just like sunshine!
Lemon Drop cocktails are perfect for summer cocktail parties, or for drinking by the pool. I HIGHLY recommend making a big batch of this cocktail for any bridal or baby shower. You can also rim the glasses with a little sugar to make them extra cute, but I prefer a lemon slice garnish, myself.
If you’re serving pretty Lemon Drops at a cocktail party, and want to serve them with equally enchanting appetizers, I think they would pair perfectly with my Beautiful Pesto Ricotta Crostini, don’t you?!
To make this pretty Lemon Drop garnish, simply slice a lemon and pierce through the center with a cocktail pin. Remove the pin, and needle the stems of a few small, edible (well-washed) flowers through the hole.
I used Feverfew flowers for my garnish. They’re tiny, edible flowers that look like pretty little daisies.
Yes, although it’s not overly-sweet. Think of it as a perfectly sweetened lemonade cocktail.
Nope, although it’s often mistaken as such. A “martini,” strictly speaking, is gin, vermouth and an olive. But bars tend to label drinks served in a martini glass as a “martini.”
Ingredients in recipes for “Lemon Drop Martinis” have included limoncello, lemon pulp, and I’ve even seen a recipe for nothing but lemon juice, vodka and a sugared rim. But again, strictly speaking, these are not “Lemon Drops.” They’re just other kinds of tasty cocktails.
A Few Tips
1. Rim the glass with sugar by running a lemon wedge around the rim, and dipping it in sugar.
2. Use honey or maple syrup instead of simple syrup to sweeten it.
3. Use Cointreau liqueur instead of Triple Sec, or even Grand Marnier if you want to make it a “Cadillac Lemon Drop.”
4. You can use Absolut Citron vodka instead of standard vodka if you’d like to add a little more citrus flavor.
Help Yourself to a Little More Summer Cocktail Inspiration
- The Pink Cherry Blossom Maraschino Liqueur Cocktail
- The “Hawaiian Bon Fire” Spicy Pineapple Cocktail
- Tropical Watermelon Sangria
- Sparkling Pink Grapefruit Cocktail with Cucumber
For more inspiration, subscribe to my newsletter, and follow me on Instagram, on Pinterest, tiktok, and Facebook! And if you ever make any of my tasty drinks or treats, take a picture and tag me. I want to see!
The Lemon Drop Cocktail
- cocktail shaker
- frosted glass
- 2 oz. vodka – or citron vodka
- ½ oz. Triple sec – or Cointreau
- 1 oz. simple syrup – 50/50 sugar and water
- 1 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon slice – or sugar for garnish
- Add all ingredients to a shaker with ice, and shake vigorously. Strain into a frosted coup glass.