This delightfully spicy ginger pineapple party punch comes with its own sunny, tropical heat! Flavored with jalapeño-infused juice, lime and fresh ginger, this sparkly prosecco party-pleaser makes a perfectly sizzling signature cocktail.
I’ll also show you how to create an elegant jalapeño-lime pineapple punch ice ring! It’s a little trickier than you may think, but not when you know the special technique!
I love spicy cocktails for big parties! They go down much slower than sangria or French gimlets, so they don’t disappear within the first half-hour. They’re also more exciting than traditional punches. This one is so simple to make, not too pricy and comes with that gorgeous ice ring!
You may think an ice mold like this is made by simply placing the limes and jalapeños in your mold, pouring your juice and freezing. Nope! If you do that, your limes will float right to the top and won’t look nearly as nice, so here’s the trick to making a perfect ice mold with limes and jalapeños:
How to Make a Pretty Ice Ring for Punch – Step by Step
1. Get yourself a large donut-shaped mold, like a bunt cake mold, and fill it only halfway with pineapple juice. Freeze it for at least 4 hours.
2. Slice 2 limes into 10-15 thin slices or as many will fit around your mold.
3. Slice a 1 jalapeño into thin slices, removing the seeds.
4. Remove your ice from the mold, put it in a bowl and pop it right back in the freezer while you place your limes and jalapeños nicely around the bottom of the mold.
5. Take the ice back out of the freezer, and press it down gently on top of the limes and jalapeños.
6. Pour just enough juice over the ice to fill around the whole ice ring.
7. The ice will start to float in the juice, but you want it to stay firmly pressed down on the fruit, so use something to weigh it down when you place it back in the freezer. I used a few whisky stones, but you can use an upside-down bowl or anything heavy enough to keep it from floating. Allow it to freeze for another 3-4 hours.
8. When it’s done, remove your weights, remove the ice and the limes will be perfectly wrapped around the top of it!
How to Make Jalapeño-Ginger-Lime-Infused Pineapple Juice Concentrate – Step by Step
1. Slice 2 jalapeños (or just one if you want the punch to be very mildly spicy) and grate 2 tbsp. of ginger.
2. Add the sliced jalapeños and grated ginger to a container with 2 cups pineapple juice and ¼ cup fresh lime juice. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
Now, to make the punch spicy, you’ll be making a jalapeño-ginger-lime-infused pineapple juice concentrate to pour into your punch bowl with un-spicy pineapple juice and prosecco right before your party. This concentrate will need to sit in the fridge for at least 8 hours, so simply make it the night before.
A Helpful Tip
A guest at your party may be sensitive to spicy drinks, so I always like to provide a pretty bottle of un-spicy pineapple juice right next to the punch so they can cut the cocktail to their comfort level.
For more inspiration, subscribe to my newsletter, follow me on Instagram, on Pinterest, tiktok and Facebook! And if you ever make any of my tasty drinks or treats, take a picture and tag me. I want to see!
Spicy Ginger Pineapple Punch
- container with lid, larger than 16 oz. – to infuse pineapple juice
- cutting board and sharp knife
- fine grater – for ginger
- strainer – to strain ginger and jalapeños out of juice
For Jalapeño-Ginger-lime-Infused Pineapple Juice Concentrate
- 2 tbsp. ginger – grated
- 2 jalapeños – sliced
- 2 cups pineapple juice
¼cup fresh lime juice
For the Punch
- 5 cups pineapple juice
- 2 bottles prosecco
- Make the jalapeño-ginger-lime-infused pineapple juice concentrate. Slice 2 jalapeños (or just one if you want the punch to be very mildly spicy) and grate 2 tbsp. of ginger. Add the sliced jalapeños and grated ginger to a container with 2 cups pineapple juice and ¼ cup fresh lime juice. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Once the concentrate is ready, strain the ginger and jalapeños out of the juice and pour it into your punch bowl. Add 5 more cups of pineapple juice and 2 bottles of prosecco. Give it a tiny stir and add a large ice cube or ice ring.