If you’re ever having a fancy picnic, Jazz-age croquet afternoon, or old-timey, pinkies-out affair in the garden, this perfect Pimm’s Cup is the cocktail to make. It’s full of delicate flavors, it’s light and effervescent and ever so refreshing!
I threw a little fancy picnic in Prospect Park recently, and even though my go-to, pre-made “lounging in the grass” cocktail is sangria, I thought I’d try something a little different. I went overboard with the garnishes, but it was so worth it!
I filled each glass with white peaches, strawberries, cucumbers, thyme and fresh rosemary! That many beautiful flavors and aromas makes for such a complex and elegant summer cocktail.
If you’re making a big batch of Pimm’s Cup to bring to a picnic or serve at a party, and really want to make it extra special, chop a cup’s worth of your cucumber and fruits the night before, and muddle in some rosemary and thyme.
Then, pour your entire bottle of Pimms into a container with your fruit/cucumber/herb mixture, and let it sit over night. The next day, strain out the mixture, and your Pimms will have the most wonderful flavor! That way, you don’t have to worry about muddling before serving your cocktails. Just pour and serve!
Still make sure to garnish your cocktails with all the lovely fruits, cucumber and herbs as well when you’re ready to serve.
For More Summer Cocktail Inspiration
If you try this recipe or any of my tasty drinks or treats, make sure to take a picture and tag me on Instagram! I love to see your creations! And don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest for more loveliness, too.
The Perfect Pimm’s Cup
- 2 ounces Pimm’s Liqueur
- 3 ounces ginger ale - or fancy ginger beer
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 4 strawberries – chopped - 2 for garnish, 2 for muddling
- 8 slices cucumber - 4 for garnish, 4 for muddling
- 1/2 white peach – chopped - half for garnish, half for muddling
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Add your garnishes to your glass – Half of the strawberries, peaches, cucumbers and a few sprigs of thyme and rosemary.
- Add the other half of your garnishes to a cocktail shaker and muddle.
- Add a full cup of ice to your shaker and pour in your Pimm’s, lime juice and ginger ale.
- Stir well and pour into your garnished glass.