If you’re ever having a fancy picnic, Jazz-age croquet afternoon, or old-timey, pinkies-out affair in the garden, this perfect Pimm’s Cup is the cocktail to make. It’s full of delicate flavors, it’s light and effervescent and ever so refreshing!
My favorite thing about serving this cocktail at picnics is the look in my guest’s eyes when they see I’ve made one for them!
I threw a little fancy picnic in Prospect Park recently, and even though my go-to, pre-made “lounging in the grass” cocktail is sangria, I thought I’d try something a little different. I went overboard with the garnishes, but it was so worth it!
I filled each glass with white peaches, strawberries, cucumbers, thyme and fresh rosemary! The many beautiful flavors and aromas make such a complex and elegant summer cocktail.
If you’re making a big batch of Pimm’s Cup to bring to a picnic or serve at a party, and really want to make it extra special, chop a cup’s worth of your cucumber and fruits the night before, and muddle in some rosemary and thyme.
Then, pour your entire bottle of Pimm’s into a container with your fruit/cucumber/herb mixture, and let it sit overnight. The next day, strain out the mixture, and your Pimm’s will have the most wonderful flavor! That way, you don’t have to worry about muddling before serving your cocktails. Just pour and serve!
Still make sure to garnish your cocktails with all the lovely fruits, cucumber and herbs as well when you’re ready to serve.
More Summer Cocktail Inspiration
The Perfect Pimm’s Cup
- 1 cocktail shaker
- 1 sharp knife & cutting board
- 2 ounces Pimm’s Liqueur
- 3 ounces ginger ale – or ginger beer
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 4 strawberries – chopped. 2 for garnish, 2 for muddling
- 8 slices cucumber – 4 for garnish, 4 for muddling
- ½ white peach – chopped. ½ for garnish, ½ for muddling
- fresh rosemary – a few sprigs
- fresh thyme – a few sprigs
- Add garnishes to a wine or tumbler glass. Use half of the strawberries, peaches, cucumbers and a few sprigs of thyme and rosemary.
- Add the other half of the fruits, herbs and vegitables to a cocktail shaker and muddle.
- Add a full cup of ice to the shaker and pour in Pimm’s, lime juice and ginger ale.
- Stir well and pour into garnished glass.