This chickpea salad with dill is one of my favorite side dish recipes for spring entertaining! It’s garden-fresh, delicate yet flavorful, easy and elegant! With only 7 main ingredients, a little celery slicing, and herb chopping, you’ll have this recipe ready in 20 minutes or less! It can also be made a whole day ahead!
This chickpea salad is mellow, yet bright. It tastes so garden-fresh and delightful and accompanies just about any spring main course.
I love it because it comes together so quickly, there’s minimal prep, and I can just pop it in a refrigerated container, and serve it the next day! It pairs beautifully with my lemon turmeric pearl couscous and a fresh fennel salad for spring menu side dishes!
Greek Yogurt – You can substitute sour cream for a salad with more zing.
Dijon mustard – You can also use yellow or even spicy brown mustard.
Chives – You can also use scallions for a little more oniony flavor.
Dill – Use only fresh dill.
Parsley – This ingredient can be optional. It just adds even more garden freshness to the recipe.
Chickpeas – Make sure to thoroughly drain cans before adding chickpeas to the mixing bowl.
How to Make This Recipe Step-by-Step
1. In a mixing bowl, combine 5 oz. Greek yogurt, 2 tbsp. mayonnaise and 3 tsp. Dijon mustard. Set aside.
2. Slice 1 cup celery (about 4 stalks) and add to the bowl with yogurt, mustard, and mayo.
3. Remove fronds from ¼ cup fresh dill and finely chop. Add to mixing bowl.
4. Finely slice 1 tbsp. chives and add to mixing bowl.
5. Finely chop 1 tbsp. parsley, and add to mixing bowl.
6. Add 3 15 oz. drained cans (chilled) chickpeas to the bowl with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, give everything a nice stir, and serve.
This salad will actually stay perfectly delicious for 3 days if stored in a sealed, refrigerated container, although it’s at its tastiest up to 24 hours after assembling.
If serving the next day, mix 1 extra teaspoon of Dijon mustard into the salad before serving, and maybe a little sprinkle of salt and pepper. It loses a little bit of flavor overnight, and 1 more teaspoon of mustard, and a little salt and pepper sprinkle will refresh its zing.
For more inspiration, subscribe to my newsletter, and follow me on Instagram, on Pinterest, tiktok, and Facebook! And if you ever make any of my tasty drinks or treats, take a picture and tag me. I want to see!
More Spring Side Dish Inspiration
Creamy Chickpea Salad with Dill
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 cutting board and knife
- 5 oz. Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 cans chickpeas – 15 oz. cans (chilled)
- 1 cup celery – about 4 stalks, sliced
- 1 tbsp. chives – sliced
- ¼ cup fresh dill
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- salt and pepper – to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine 5 oz. Greek yogurt, 2 tbsp. mayonnaise and 3 tsp. Dijon mustard. Set aside.
- Slice 1 cup celery, finely chop ¼ cup fresh dill, finely slice 1 tbsp. chives, and finely chop 1 tbsp. parsley. Add to mixing bowl with yogurt, mayo and mustard.
- Add 3 15 oz. drained cans (chilled) chickpeas to the bowl with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, give everything a nice stir and serve.