If you like your whisky cocktails with a peachy, lemon sweetness and a spicy edge, you’ll love this “September Heatwave.” I used crushed red pepper to give this tasty little cocktail the perfect spicy zing!
This cocktail is brought to you by my desire for one last heatwave in Brooklyn. I only had 1 pool day this entire summer. Time to heat things up!
I’m hoping for at least 1 more day of sweltering heat so I can mix up a few rounds of these and drink them in my kiddie pool.
I found the garnish to this cocktail just outside my brownstone in Brooklyn. A few lovely white flowers and a single hydrangea blossom.
I also thought it might be nice to garnish this drink with cured olives, although Luxardo cherries would also do very nicely!
Here Are a Few More Cocktails With a Little Zing
- Spicy Mexican Chocolate Liqueur
- The Divine Damiana Valentine Cocktail
- The “Distract-A-Bee” Ginger Rose Cocktail
The “September Heatwave” Cocktail
- 2 ounces whisky
- 1 ounce fresh peach juice
- ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Cured olives – or cherries
- Pour all ingredients into a shaker over ice. Shake vigorously. Strain crushed pepper and pour your tasty cocktail! Garnish with olives (or cherries) and pretty flowers.