This pretty avocado toast with whipped goat cheese recipe also includes real, edible flowers that are easier to find than you may think! They take just 20 minutes to whip up, 10 minutes to assemble, and they make gorgeous additions to any brunch party!
I found the beautiful, colorful edible flowers on Amazon! They came so quickly and they look absolutely beautiful. I’m going to use them to roll into cheese and sprinkle over desserts in the future!
You can make the crushed avocado and whipped goat cheese the night before your party, and simply assemble before guests arrive.
Don’t worry about the avocado going brown. As long as you cover it tightly with cellophane inside a sealed, refrigerated container, it will stay perfectly green. If a little air gets in, and some turns a little brown, you’ll only lose a tablespoon or less by just spooning off the top layer.
French Bread – Use any rustic, crusty bread. I used a French sourdough.
Red Onion – You can also use white onion, or even shallot.
Avocados – You want avocados that are just about ripe. You can tell if they’re perfect by squeezing an avocado lightly. If it feels rock hard, it’s not ready. If it feels very squishy, it’s over-ripe. You want an avocado that’s in between hard and squishy.
Edible Flowers – I found my organic, edible flowers on Amazon, and they came quickly! They are bright and pretty, and have a delicate rose-like scent and flavor. They’re not overly fragrant at all, tho, and any flavor they add to the recipe is very subtle.
Whipped Cream Cheese – If you can’t find whipped cream cheese, you can substitute with ricotta.
Goat Cheese – I suggest using plain goat cheese, rather than flavored.
How to Make This Recipe – Step by Step
1. In a mixing bowl, stir together 8 oz. whipped cream cheese and 4 oz. goat cheese until thoroughly mixed. If not serving right away, place in a container with a lid, and refrigerate.
2. Dice 1 small red onion.
3. Remove skins and pits from 3 avocados. Mash avocado with a potato masher in a mixing bowl, add diced onion and a nice sprinkle of salt and pepper. Give it all a stir. Place in a container, press cellophane into the top to prevent browning, then seal with a lid and refrigerate.
4. When ready to serve, slice French bread loaf into 10, 1-inch slices. Toast at 400 F. for 5-7 minutes. Once toasted, smear each slice liberally with whipped goat cheese.
5. Sprinkle one side of each slice with a small amount of dry flowers.
6. Liberally spoon the other half with avocado and onion. Optionally sprinkle with sesame and poppy seeds.
- I find it’s best to assemble toasts on a cutting board that I won’t be serving on. It can get a little messy. I prepare on one board, then transfer all of the toasts to a prettier one, and give the board one nice sprinkle of flowers.
- Whipped goat cheese will last up to 5 days in a covered, sealed, refrigerated container and avocado and onion will last up to 2 days. The top may turn a little brown, but you can simply spoon some of it off, and it will be perfectly green underneath.
- You can find edible, dry flowers easily on Amazon.
For more inspiration, subscribe to my newsletter, and follow me on Instagram, on Pinterest, tiktok, and Facebook! And if you ever make any of my tasty drinks or treats, take a picture and tag me. I want to see!
More Spring Brunch Inspiration
Avocado Toast with Whipped Goat Cheese
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 cutting board and knife
- 1 potato masher
- 8 oz. whipped cream cheese
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1 small red onion – diced
- 3 large avocados
- 1 French sourdough loaf – or any rustic bread, enough for 10 1-inch slices
- salt & pepper – to taste
- edible flowers – (optional)
- poppy seeds – (optional) just a sprinkle
- sesame seeds – (optional) just a sprinkle
- In a mixing bowl, stir together 8 oz. whipped cream cheese and 4 oz. goat cheese until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
- Dice 1 small red onion. Remove skins and pits from 3 avocados. Mash avocado with a potato masher in a mixing bowl, add diced onion and a nice sprinkle of salt and pepper. Give it all a stir. Place in a container and press cellophane into the top to prevent browning.
- When ready to serve, slice French bread loaf into 10, 1-inch slices. Toast at 400 F. for 5-7 minutes. Once toasted, smear each slice liberally with whipped goat cheese.
- Sprinkle one side of each slice with a small amount of edible flowers. Liberally spoon the other half with avocado and onion. Optionally sprinkle with sesame and poppy seeds.