This simple summer corn salad with feta includes olives, chickpeas, thinly sliced onion, cucumber, and bright cherry tomatoes! With fresh mixed greens and a 3-ingredient Greek dressing, it’s the freshest, tastiest, and prettiest summer salad you’ll ever make!
Summer Corn Salad with Feta
I love having different salads for each season! I mix up fresh fennel salads for spring, salads with candied pecans in the winter, and tasty beet salads for fall, and this sunny salad is perfect for summer! I made it for a garden dinner party with grilled lamb skewers, simple lemon asparagus, and Tuscan pasta! It was such an easy, make-ahead menu!
This salad get’s “Oooos” and “Ahhhs” from my guests every time! The way you slice the corn and the way you layer the salad is key. Once the corn is boiled, you want to slice it in a way that keeps whole chunks of it together. It has such a satisfying, sweet crunch!
When it comes to layering, you want all the pretty colors on top, and you want the corn to set carefully in the greens so the slices don’t fall apart. I’ll show you how to do it in the step-by-step below!
corn – Get fresh corn on the cob for this recipe. Canned or frozen won’t do. You’re going to boil the corn for just 5 minutes before slicing.
kalamata olives – This is essentially a traditional Greek salad – just with corn, so I love Greek kalamata olives for this recipe, but you can substitute with any of your favorite olives.
cherry tomatoes – I love multi-colored tomatoes for this recipe. They make the whole salad look like candy!
feta – Feta really does complement the olives and (optional) red wine vinegar dressing, but you can substitute with gorgonzola or crumbled blue cheese too!
mixed greens – You can use any salad mix for this recipe. I used a spring mix of different greens, but arugula, baby spinach, or massaged kale would do just as well.
How to Make This Salad – Step by Step
1. Shuck 2 ears of corn. Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and boil corn for 5 minutes. Remove and refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
2. Slice ½ cumber into thin halves.
3. Very thinly slice ½ red onion.
4. Slice ½ cup kalamata olives in half.
5. Slice ⅔ cup cherry tomatoes in half.
6. Remove corn from the refrigerator. Slice as close to the husk as you can (without cutting into the husk) to create big, tasty chunks. Carefully set them aside.
7. (Optionally) mix 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar, 4 tbsp. olive oil and 1 tsp. dijon mustard for dressing.
8. I like to add 5 oz. mixed greens to the salad bowl, then add cucumber, olives, red onion, half of the feta, half of the corn, half of the tomatoes and ½ cup chickpeas. I mix everything together, then carefully place the prettiest slices of corn on top and evenly distribute the rest of the cherry tomatoes. I pour the dressing, then sprinkle the salad with the rest of the feta. I also like adding a few fresh chamomile flowers from my garden to make it extra pretty.
1. If you’re making this for a party, It can be assembled a full 3 hours ahead of serving, as long as it’s refrigerated, covered with cellophane and you don’t add the dressing until just before serving.
2. All ingredients can be sliced and prepped up to 24 hours ahead of time if you keep everything in sealed, refrigerated containers.
3. This whole salad will stay perfectly tasty for 2 days if kept in a refrigerated, sealed container.
4. I used fresh chamomile flowers in this salad. If you would like to add this little flower too, and you can’t find fresh, edible flowers in your area, you can grow them yourself! Plant these chamomile seeds in a bright spot in late spring or summer, and they should begin to sprout in about 3 weeks!
For more inspiration, subscribe to my newsletter, and follow me on Instagram, on Pinterest, tiktok, and Facebook! And if you ever make any of my tasty drinks or treats, take a picture and tag me. I want to see!
Summer Corn Salad with Feta
- 1 sharp knife and cutting board
- 1 pot – for boiling 2 ears of corn
For the Salad
- 2 ears corn – shucked
- ½ cucumber – sliced
- ½ medium red onion – thinly sliced
- ½ cup kalamata olives – sliced in half
- ⅔ cup cherry tomatoes – sliced in half
- 5 oz. mixed greens
- ½ cup chickpeas
- 4 oz. feta
For The (Optional) Dressing
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and boil 2 ears of corn for 5 minutes. Remove and refrigerate while you slice and prepare other ingredients.
- Remove corn from the refrigerator. Slice as close to the husk as you can (without cutting into the husk) to create big, tasty chunks. Carefully set them aside.
- Layer the Salad. Add 5 oz. mixed greens to the salad bowl, then add sliced cucumber, sliced olives, sliced red onion, half of the feta, half of the sliced corn, half of the sliced tomatoes and ½ cup chickpeas.
- (Optionally) mix 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar, 4 tbsp. olive oil and 1 tsp. dijon mustard for dressing.
- Mix everything together, then carefully place the rest of the corn on top and evenly distribute the rest of the cherry tomatoes. Pour dressing, then sprinkle the salad with the rest of the feta.