Looking for an elegant, all-natural, homemade Christmas gift to give a friend who loves a good soak? Make them a lavender milk bath and make them feel like Queen of the Flowers!
Don’t give your friends and family synthetically scented, electric-colored bath bombs full of glitter and beads that get stuck in drains and damage the environment for Christmas.
This all-natural milk bath will turn your friend’s bathing ritual into a frothy, heavenly lavender latte!
I always try to give homemade presents at Christmas that won’t clutter my friend’s and family’s homes. I prefer presents that can be eaten, drank, donated, or experienced without creating anything other than photos (or massages… I love those).
I’m also very sensitive to perfumes and dyes but love a nice long bath every day, and there’s nothing like soaking in a milk bath! It smells sweet and comforting, a thin layer of cream floats on the top that’s soft as silk, and the lavender oil just makes my soul sing.
What You’ll Need
32-ounce jar – In one jar, there will be enough for 2 elegant baths, but if your gift recipient wants to feel extra luxurious, tell them to pour the whole thing in!
powdered milk – You’ll want to use fat-free powdered milk. If you use full-fat milk, the powder turns a bit clumpy while it slowly dissolves, and nobody wants to take a bath in cottage cheese… well, at least, not me. I use Milkman brand low-fat powdered milk, and it dissolves perfectly.
lavender oil – I use Lagunamoon’s lavender oil from this gift set, but any natural lavender oil will do.
How to Make It
1. Pour powdered milk halfway up the jar.
2. Add about 10 drops of lavender oil.
3. Fill the rest of the jar with powdered milk leaving a little space at the top. Put the lid on top, and give it a shake to mix the lavender up a bit. I like to add a single sprig of dry lavender on top because it looks so pretty.
- Although you may be tempted to sprinkle some dry lavender into the milk, tiny specks of flowers don’t make the bath experience very luxurious – they just stick to you and the sides of your bathtub. Also, they can clog the drain, so just 1 single sprig is enough.
- As mentioned above, you can tell your gift recipient that the jar contains enough for 2 lovely baths or one extra luxurious one. If you pour the powdered milk directly into the running water under the faucet, it helps to whip the milk into a glorious cream.
For more inspiration, subscribe to my newsletter, and follow me on Instagram, on Pinterest, tiktok, and Facebook! And if you ever make any of my tasty drinks or treats, take a picture and tag me. I want to see!