This Thanksgiving hot toddy is a cocktail made with orange-spiced Constant Comment tea and whisky. Garnished with cinnamon, cloves and orange, this classic whisky cocktail with an autumn twist will warm your family’s souls before and after dinner.
This hot toddy is not a traditional recipe. Usually, a hot toddy calls for a tea like Earl Grey or Chamomile – and some don’t include tea at all!
I use Constant Comment for my Thanksgiving hot toddy because it includes my very favorite fall flavors! Cinnamon, orange peel, clove and sweet spices just make me want to cozy up to the fire with a blanket and watch the leaves fall out my window!
This cocktail can easily be made in a batch, so it’s perfect for a big family! What a treat!
If you want to add cloves to this cocktail, you can simply pierce an orange slice around the sides, and plop it right in the tea, or balance it on the top of the glass like in my Tangerine Daisy cocktail! I added pretty English daisies to the cocktail too! You simply use the cloves to hold it snuggly to the glass.
If you want your orange slice to lay flat on the glass edge, but don’t have cloves to secure it, simply use a paring knife to slice gently into the skin where it will sit on the glass and press down. It’s a nice trick!
More Thanksgiving Inspiration
Thanksgiving Hot Toddy
- 1 tea cup
- 1 cocktail jigger
- 1 bag Constant Comment Tea
- 2 oz. whisky, bourbon or scotch
- ¼ oz. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks – for garnish
- 1 orange slice – for garnish
- 5 cloves – for garnish (optional)
- Boil 1 cup of water and let Constant Comment tea bag steep for about 2-3 minutes. Add 2 oz. whisky, ¼ oz. lemon juice and 2 tsp. honey. Stir until honey is dissolved. Add orange slice and cinnamon stick to cup and serve.