Decorate your holiday party menu with these charming Christmas ornament appetizers! Made with cherry tomatoes, yellow bell pepper, fresh dill, and whipped cream cheese, the recipe is simple, elegant, delightful, and will enchant everyone at the holiday party!
I wanted to create appetizers for a Christmas party that were cute but classy. I also wanted to make them fast and with just a few ingredients. These were absolutely perfect and simply tickled my guests!
I honestly couldn’t find any ornament appetizer inspiration online when I was first dreaming about how to create them. When it occurred to me to simply use cherry tomatoes, they just seemed so obvious! They actually came out much cuter than I had even imagined!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
They can be made in just 10 minutes – Just slice a few tomatoes and pepper, pipe a little cream cheese on crackers, pop on a little dill and you’re done!
They’re very Insta-worthy – Expect these appetizers to decorate your Instagram feed after your friends see them. They’re just so photogenic!
They’re made with just 5 ingredients – Elegance should be easy. It’s the freshness of the tomatoes and dill that give them such a lovely flavor. No need to dress them up any further.
Whipped Cream Cheese – Be sure to use whipped cream cheese, instead of standard cream cheese. It’s a little too thick to pipe on with a pastry piping bag.
However, if you want to use a flavored cream cheese that’s not whipped, just mix it will a little whipped cream cheese, or ricotta! You can also add a little pesto to the cheese to make it pretty and green (and taste so fresh and lovely).
Fresh Dill – The fresher the better. I find dill can go limp after just one day, so you’ll want to pick it up day-of.
Yellow Bell Pepper – You can also use yellow tomatoes or yellow squash.
How to Make This Recipe – Step by Step
1. Slice 6 cherry tomatoes in half.
2. Pipe a thin layer of whipped cream cheese onto a rice cracker with a pastry piping bag.
3. Carefully place 4 small sprigs of dill on the top, bottom, left, and right of the cracker.
4. Place a sliced tomato in the center.
5. Cut a tiny slice of yellow bell pepper, and dice into tiny rectangles.
6. Place a little rectangle above the tomato and serve.
I find rice crackers start to go stale after about an hour when refrigerated with the cheese, but they will be tasty up until then. If you want to make them even further ahead of time, Ritz crackers or other more dense, wheat-based, buttery crackers tend to stay crispy longer.
These were made to go with a whole assortment of holiday appetizers that look beautiful together. Christmas roses, goat cheese presents, bell pepper stars, and jalapeño wreaths were all a part of the menu. They all look so pretty together!
For more inspiration, subscribe to my newsletter, follow me on Instagram, on Pinterest, tiktok and Facebook! And if you ever make any of my tasty drinks or treats, take a picture and tag me. I want to see!
More Holiday Appetizer Inspiration
Simple Christmas Ornament Appetizers
- cutting board
- sharp knife
- pastry piping bag and tip
- 12 rice crackers
- 4 oz. whipped cream cheese
- 2 oz. small sprigs of dill
- 1 oz. yellow bell pepper
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Slice 6 cherry tomatoes in half.
- Pipe a thin layer of whipped cream cheese onto a rice cracker with a pastry piping bag.
- Carefully place 4 small sprigs of dill on the top, bottom, left and right of the cracker. Place a sliced tomato in the center.
- Cut a tiny slice of yellow bell pepper, and dice into tiny rectangles. Place the little rectangle above the tomato and serve.
Leave a Reply