This spicy honeydew margarita is such a special spin on the classic. It’s both spicy and refreshing with a beautiful emerald green color!
My favorite melon, by far, is honeydew. It has such a delicate flavor, so yummy and sweet, and it turns my cocktails the most beautiful color green! I also love when my cocktails have a bit of spice, so this cocktail is perfect for anyone who wants to likes a margarita with a sweet and spicy twist.
A nice tip is to make your very own salt for the rim, rather than simply using kosher salt! Just a little pink salt, smoked Spanish paprika and cayenne pepper makes the yummiest, spicy margarita salt!
For More Tasty Cocktail Inspiration
The Spicy Honeydew Margarita
- 1 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce Cointreau - or Triple sec
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounces fresh honeydew juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper - chopped
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- Smoked Spanish paprika - a few dashes
- Cayenne pepper - a few dashes
- Juice some of your honeydew. If you don’t have a juicer, but you do have a food processor, chop your honeydew in the food processor till it’s nothing but mush. Pour into a mesh strainer, and press the juice through the strainer with a spoon. If you have cheese cloth, you can further squeeze the juice out of the pulp.
- Juice your lime.
- Mix your salt & spices. Pour your salt into a little mixing bowl and add a few shakes of cayenne pepper and smoked Spanish paprika. Mix together and pour onto a surface.
- Rim your glass with lime juice and dip your edges into the salt/spice blend.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker with tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, honeydew juice and chopped jalapeños.
- Shake vigorously, remove the top and pour margarita with ice into your glass.