This spicy honeydew margarita is such a special spin on the classic. It’s both spicy and refreshing with a beautiful emerald green color!
My favorite mellon, by far, is Honeydew. It has such a delicate flavor, so yummy and sweet, and it turns my cocktails the most beautiful color green! I also love when my cocktails have a bit of spice, so this cocktail is perfect for anyone who wants to likes a margarita with a sweet and spicy twist.
A nice tip is to make your very own salt for the rim, rather than simply using kosher salt! Just a little pink salt, smoked Spanish paprika and cayenne pepper makes the yummiest, spicy margarita salt!
For More Tasty Cocktail Inspiration
If you try this recipe or any of my tasty drinks or treats, make sure to take a picture and tag me on Instagram! I love to see your creations! And don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest for more loveliness, too.
The Spicy Honeydew Margarita
- 1 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce Cointreau - or Triple sec
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounces fresh honeydew juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper - chopped
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- Smoked Spanish paprika - a few dashes
- Cayenne pepper - a few dashes
- Juice some of your honeydew. If you don’t have a juicer, but you do have a food processor, chop your honeydew in the food processor till it’s nothing but mush. Pour into a mesh strainer, and press the juice through the strainer with a spoon. If you have cheese cloth, you can further squeeze the juice out of the pulp.
- Juice your lime.
- Mix your salt & spices. Pour your salt into a little mixing bowl and add a few shakes of cayenne pepper and smoked Spanish paprika. Mix together and pour onto a surface.
- Rim your glass with lime juice and dip your edges into the salt/spice blend.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker with tequila, Cointreau, lime juice, honeydew juice and chopped jalapeños.
- Shake vigorously, remove the top and pour margarita with ice into your glass.