These stuffed mushrooms with goat cheese are my go-to appetizers for almost every party. Nothing makes your home smell more divine than a few of these baking in the oven.
Perfectly Simple Stuffed Mushrooms with Goat Cheese
They’re made with only 6 ingredients: mushrooms, garlic, butter, Italian breadcrumbs, garlic powder and tasty herbed goat cheese.
My grandmother would make these all throughout my childhood, and I remember being so excited to grow up and make them myself. I’ve had so many different kinds, and nothing beats these simple, garlic and goat cheese appetizers.
It’s always funny to watch what happens when there’s only one of these left on the plate. No one wants to be the one who takes the last one, but they also really, really want to be the one to take the last one.
Enjoy these tasty stuffed mushrooms, and here are a few more for your next party!
A Few More Tasty Appetizer Ideas
- Delicious Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus with Goat Cheese
- How To Make Multi-Colored Deviled Eggs
- Blistered Shishito Peppers with Lime
Perfectly Simple Stuffed Mushrooms
- Medium-sized mixing bowl
- Food processor
- sauce pan
- Foil-lined baking sheet
- 15 baby bella mushrooms
- with stems
- 8 large cloves of garlic - minced
- 2 tbsp. Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. herbed goat cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F. Separate 15 mushroom stems from the caps and place the caps in a mixing bowl. Don’t discard stems.
- Melt 1 tbsp. of butter with a few shakes of garlic powder in a sauce pan or microwave. Pour the melted butter mixture over the mushroom caps. Coat them thoroughly, gently mixing. Remove and place them on a foil-lined baking tray, face up.
- Place 8 garlic cloves and mushroom stems in a food processor. Chop them together into tiny little rice-sized bits. Be careful not to chop them so much that they become mush.
- Add 2 tbsp. of butter to a sauce pan with the garlic/chopped stem mixture and cook until brown, between 5-10 minutes. Depending on how big your stems and garlic cloves are, you may need to add more or less butter. Just make sure the garlic/mushrooms are fully coated.
- Once brown, add remaining 2 tbsp. of butter with 2 tbsp. Italian breadcrumbs and 1 tsp. garlic powder. Mix together to make a nice stuffing. Again, depending on the size of your stems and garlic, you may need to add a little more or less breadcrumbs and garlic powder to create a nice, thick stuffing.
- Remove from heat once mixed, and add a tiny bit of herbed goat cheese to your mushroom caps. Spoon your stuffing generously on top of the cheese into each cap. Bake stuffed mushrooms for 15-20 minutes.